As Easter approaches, for many of us it is also the climax of Lent, and the 40 days without some of the things we love is nearly over. We have an indulgent cocktail for you to try, which may contain some of the ingredients you have been craving since Shrove Tuesday, and be a naughty chocolate Easter treat.
What you’ll need –
- 4 whole Cardamom pods
- 2 shots of vanilla vodka (Ketel One is a good choice)
- 1 shot creme de cacao liqueur
- 1/2 shot of simple syrup
- 1/2 shot chilled water
- 1/2 shot of egg white
- Cadbury’s Flake for garnish
How to make –
- Muddle the cardamom pods in the base of the shaker
- Add the other ingredients and shake with ice
- Strain back into the shaker and dry shake (no ice)
- Strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with a crumbled flake
Easter eggs aren’t just for eating!
Adding eggs to shaken drinks is a tradition that dates back more than a century. Besides novelty, the egg white gives your cocktail a rich, creamy texture and a beautiful foamy cap. Unpasteurised egg whites are basically odorless and tasteless, so their contribution is almost entirely textural. Just as in a mousse or meringue, drinks that call for an egg white also include citrus juice and some sort of sugar syrup along with the alcohol and egg. Agitating this mixture creates luxurious foam.
Don’t forget to drink safely – the danger of getting ill from drinking raw eggs is slim, but you need to be careful. Follow these simple steps to minimise the risk.
- Use the freshest eggs available – where you can buy direct from farmers rather than a supermarket, it might be the difference of 2 or 3 weeks, which gives any salmonella bacteria less time to develop.
- Try and buy clean and unbroken eggs to minimise any contamination
- Refrigerate your eggs
- ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE YOU PREPARE YOUR COCKTAIL!
So, now you know the basics, why not give it a try with our seasonal Easter Martini, or for some in depth training why not book a cocktail masterclass, and our bartender will show you exactly how to create a smooth velvety cocktail perfect for any occasion.
As spring has (hopefully) sprung, Easter is upon us, and the summer isn’t far away, it’s now the time to start thinking about booking us to provide your mobile bar for your summer event. Whether you are getting married in a marquee, you want a garden cocktail party for your stag or hen party, you have a desire to be a gangster for the evening or you are looking for an ice bar to help you cool down on a hot summers evening, Reel Time Bars can make it happen. Our mobile bars can be set up anywhere, from simple dry hire bars to themed cocktail nights, we can do it all.
Contact us to discuss your requirements and get a bespoke quote for your event.